We are closely monitoring the level of community spread of COVID-19 in Halifax. Our clinic remains open.
We are following the most current COVID-19 guidelines provided by the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness. These include comprehensive protocols to ensure safe delivery of services.
- We will ask you COVID-19 screening questions at the time of booking and again upon entry to the clinic for your appointment. If you respond yes to any of the questions at the time of booking, you will be asked to contact 811 and follow instructions. If you respond yes to any of the screening questions when you arrive for your appointment, you will need to go directly home and contact 811 and follow their instructions before returning for care.
- You will be required to wear a non-surgical mask. We ask that you arrive with a mask if possible.
- You will be asked to disinfect your hands upon arrival, and will be guided immediately to your treatment room.
- In order to ensure physical distancing, please wait in your vehicle until a few minutes before your appointment.
- In order to reduce the number of people in the clinic, we ask that family members not accompany you unless necessary.
- Our schedule has been revised to limit the number of physiotherapists in the clinic at one time to allow for physical distancing.
- We have scheduled dedicated time for complete room cleaning after each patient visit.
- The clinic layout has been modified to ensure physical distancing.
- Your physiotherapist will be using personal protective equipment.
- We will no longer accept cash and will have contactless payment available. E-transfer options will also be available. Electronic receipts will be provided.
Additional change we have implemented:
Beginning Monday, 23 November, 2020, we will be asking every patient upon arrival if they have visited any COVID-19 exposure sites in the community during the relevant time frame. Prior to your appointment, please review the current list of exposure sites to determine if you should contact 811. We understand that some patients will need to cancel appointments with us within the normal 24-hour window. If this is the case, those patients will not be charged a cancellation fee as we appreciate their commitment to the health of our community.
We will continue to offer Telehealth appointments via a secure web conferencing platform for patients who prefer this form of care. Let Nicole know if you prefer this option: or 902-444-1499.
Wishing you continued good health,
David Kachan, PT
5567 Cunard Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Continue to the Kachan Physiotherapy website...